To improve quality of life for homeless female veterans with many proven programs that break the cycle, creating self-sufficiency and accountability.
To end chronic homelessness among female veterans in our communities.
Our Impact Stats
- Genesis has pulled over 35 homeless female veterans from the woods and assisted them in finding permanent housing and careers.
- Genesis has supplied over 300 military families with toys, clothing and food through our annual toy drives.
- Genesis has supplied over 2,000 meals, clothing and food to our homeless community.
- Genesis has advocated on behalf of our veterans assisting them with benefits, and getting through the red tape of the VA.
- Genesis houses up to eight homeless female veterans in our 90-120 day transitional program to assist them in become independent and self-sufficient.
Colleen - "There is so much frustration when your brain doesn't work right. You see where you used to be and what you used to be capable of. Now I can't do any of those things.” I thank God for Genesis Joy House helping me to become successful.
Detra - "Genesis... It was like God sent me Angels. They were the beginning of the end of that dark season for me."
Lt. Col. Jessica Chapman - "After combat, it can be very difficult to return to your normal self. It can be a real struggle without the right services in place. Genesis gives veterans a second chance."
Christina - "Nobody wants to say, 'I can't put a roof over my head'; Nobody wants to say, 'I need help clothing my children'. At Genesis, we are bringing them to the next level they need in order to be able to stand on their own."
Gloria - "I felt like I walked into heaven. My sleeping pattern has changed for the best. I feel at peace and it's very quiet. I'm 68 and this is the first time in my life where I feel that I'm treated like a human being and not a number. When you suffer from PTSD, you need peace and quiet."